Monday, July 25, 2005

Puppy Dog Tails

Brandi baby,

It makes me sad, a little bit, to hear that her enthusiasm has been curbed. That she is now well behaved and listens.
Brandi, my sister Joe’s [and of course Ninan’s] Labrador puppy came to live with us when she was two months old I think. And the first thing I noticed was that she didn’t cry the first night, like most puppies do. She was so happy she couldn’t stop wagging her tail. I love her, love her, love her.
She came to stay with us for a bit before my sister got married and was later to shift houses once she did. There was a lot of controversy about her coming to live with us in the first place. We live in a flat and there really isn’t place for a dog. And who’s going to look after her? Sure Joanne says she’s going to look after her, but who’s really going to end up looking after her, my mother wanted to know. What about toilet training and all that?
She came anyway.
She did all the things that puppy dogs are wont to do. She ate and ripped to pieces all the things that she wasn’t supposed to like the family [to be heirloom] Bible that Richard had specially got for Law, she ate the bows of my expensive shoes, which was pretty funny actually. I think that she only never touched my mother’s things. I suppose dogs can tell whom they can walk over and whom they can’t. [Is my usage correct?]
The hyperactive puppiness and extreme naughtiness aside, she had this zest for life, like she was just happy to be alive and she wanted everyone to know. It’s like you’re running, running as fast as you can on a hill.That’s green and has wild flowers, with a little bit of wind blowing through your hair and there's a smile on your face, just because you’re happy. That’s what she reminded me of. And then when she was all tuckered out [if that’s possible] she would plonk herself on my lap [even after she had grown too big to fit anymore] and fall asleep. Awww.
So now, it makes me sad, she’s all grown up and behaves like a lady. [Happens to the best of us]. And I know that this is something that has to be done, because it’s difficult, really difficult, and nobody really has the time or energy to manage a somewhat unruly Brandi baby.

2 comments:

Laura Castelino said...

Whoever told you she's behaving like a lady LIED!! I am still picking fur off my clothes from the last visit! she's still jumping and bouncing around and she ate joe's slippers and bible heeheehee

Citrus said...

:)....uh, it was you actually. how gleeful YOU are. :)