Monday, July 25, 2005

Prayer to St. Jude [Patron Saint of Lost Causes]

Dear Jude, [I don’t really believe in praying to the saints, but I’ll let it go this time, given the nature of the request]
I’m not really sure what to ask for, but one of the following should do.
Please help me to learn to like my own cooking; I’m going to die otherwise.
Either that, or just make me a better cook and even if not that, perhaps a husband who can either cook or one who will learn to like my cooking, hopefully we won’t starve.
I remember once I asked God for wisdom. I’m wondering now, if it would be wise for me to stick to sandwiches.
I don’t really mean to be the sort that only comes to you when I want something, but I think I could use a little help here

Kiran


[I wonder where my ‘I Hate to Cook Book’ is]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to feel the same way. Then I did something...practiced! It works too. Over a looong period of time.

Citrus said...

Thank you, maybe this is St.Jude's way of telling me there is hope after all.