Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Kitchen Superstardom

Today has just been lovely.
I started off with waking up late, racing to class with Almina (my best friend here) and no breakfast, only to find out that the professor was half an hour late and had forgotten to inform us.
After 6 hours of class, (a breeze for me after being accustomed to working 8 1/2 hours everyday, including Saturday), I decide that it's time to display my culinary prowess in the kitchen...or  what passes for a kitchen in my tiny apartment.
I start off with a simple cabbage only I somehow manage to burn it (I mean, how difficult can it be to cook a cabbage??) and set the smoke alarm off in the mean time.
One would imagine that I'd learned my lesson by then but no... I proceed, in the spirit of Christmas, to make kul kuls for our Christmas party tomorrow. Yes, that's right. As it turns out, the kul kuls that I started out making are nothing close to kul kuls. What they ended up being are bite sized pancakes :/ On the bright side though, they were mistaken for traditional Moroccan AND Russian food and were were gone in sixty seconds at the Christmas party.

Category: Master chef Bordeaux

No comments: