Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The maid didn't come in yesterday
My mother grumbling about no end leaves with my father on some work
A while later the bell rings. It's none other than our one and only Selvy. For those who haven't figured it out, the maid.
"Why so late?" I want to know. Trying to explain to her that it throws everybody off course if she doesn't turn up.
"Pepsi bottle ma, [Tamil, tamil, tamil, which I don't understand] Pepsi."

"Huh?" (that's me trying to figure out what Pepsi has to do with her being late)

I finally get the story from her. Below:

Selvy per usual is needling her husband saying "Drunkard, drunkard, you're nothing but a drunkard."
Her husband says "Here Selvy have some Pepsi. I insist."
Selvy quite happy at the prospect of this treat, gulps it down.
Little does she know that the Pepsi has been laced and quite heavily with BRANDY, if you please.
So drunk Selvy couldn't get up in the morning.
And THAT everybody is why she came in late to work.

Has to be the funniest thing I heard all day.
I think she deserves a category all for her self.

Category: Selvy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i ♥ selvy.
:)

Revati Upadhya said...

aww that funny yet charming and o so cute!