Monday, June 04, 2007

"I get one phone call right?", Abhi asked Inspector Kaizar, who nodded sagely. "Well can I borrow your phone?". "You don't have a cell phone?", the inspector wanted to know. "I do but... it acts more like a phone book and it only receives calls and... can I borrow your phone?".

The heat was sweltering that afternoon and the inspector was not in a mood to let things pass. He looked fairly relaxed (bordering bored) as he leant back on his wooden chair, under the fan, in his little room at the station, which had recently been renovated by Tantri the Mantri to look more like a (melting) chocolate cake.

And he obviously had plenty of time on his hands. "But what's wrong with it? Why can't it make calls?" "Because it doesn't have currency". A hint of impatience from the good inspector, "Why doesn't it have currency? You broke?" "No I'm not broke, I purposely don't put currency in it because I hate cell phones". Inspector Kaizar thought about that for a second before pronouncing judgement. He was not a hasty man. "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. What do you do if you're in sticky spot and you need to make a call?". "I borrow a phone. Please... can I borrow your phone?" Inspector Kaizar sighed and handed him his phone. Abhi muttered a thank you and called George immediately.

"Hey Abhi what's up?"
"How'd you know it was me?"
"It usually is when I don't recognise the number. What's up?"
"Nothing ra, I got arrested"
"Stealing mangoes again?"
"Ya ra, can you come help?"
"I'll be there in 10 minutes. The chocolate cake on 5th cross right?"
"Yup"

One hour later the mess was cleaned up and Abhi and George were making their way out of the building. "By the way inspector", Abhi told him, "If you're planning to come and shut down Maya on Thursday night, come a little early and catch the show, you'll see one more reason I still have this mobile phone..."

Lounge Piranha LIVE at Maya - 3rd floor, The Bombay Store, M.G. Road
Thursday, 7th June, 8.45pm onwards
Hundred bucks entry at the door. Mobile jam inside.

and also tring tring tring tring tring... (new song alert!)


... and www.loungepiranha.com for one cup sykosis...
... and www.myspace.com/loungepiranhamusic for one plate music

No comments: