Thursday, November 23, 2006

LoungeP starring in Maya as themselves


... and upon seeing all his near and dear ones across the monitors, George put down his drum sticks, and in a voice filled with apprehension asked his charioteer, "Do I see things Lord Kamal? Are these the very people who pinched my cheeks when I was a little child running around in Kotayam? I can't play drums in front of these people Lord Kamal, please turn this chariot around and take me home". Upon hearing which, Lord Kamal jumped out and facing his drummer said, "Mr George, life is fleeting. You are born, your cheeks get pinched, you steal mangoes, you grow up, you go to school, you bunk your way through college. Some become engineers some become daacturs. Some become rich and some become artists and musicians. Look, check this out." And Lord Kamal became small small small until he was not visible anymore to George's naked eyes. "Now check this out", he continued and became big big big big, soooo big, and when he laughed, the bedazzled George could see the entire universe in his mouth. And returning to his normal size Lord Kamal spake thus, "So you see George, this is Maya and you're the drummer. Now pick up your sticks and play".

And that did the trick.

Lounge Piranha is playing at Maya (above The Bombay Stores, MG Road) today and they are absolutely awesome, don't believe me? Check this out PIRANHA

1 comment:

perumalythoma said...

I remember, these are the very people who pinched my cheeks as I ran around in Kottayam.
Stop the charoit right here. There are a few filial debts I need to pay.
And after, we shall repair to the toddy shop, Lord Kamal. We shall.