Tuesday, June 28, 2005

There was this new person that I was rather taken with. When I say taken I mean. What do I mean? In this instance, he was lovely [and I mean the lovely this time] to be with. He lived on his own, in this nice uncrowded apartment. He let us watch movies whenever we wanted to and he had lots of DVDs. More than that, he made tea for us and gave us baileys too if it so pleased us. He was interesting to listen to too because he was a photographer for national geographic, so he had lots of stories to tell and well he was smitten with my best friend, so in an attempt to charm her, he had to be nice. Of course the girl refused to go there on her own, taking into account that she had a boyfriend and all. So, in a bid to ease her troubled mind I would say that I wanted to visit him and so we’d go. This is where my story starts. This boy he tended to use a lot of hmm, large words when he spoke. Now large words aren’t usually a problem for me and I can guess their meaning at least in context. But with this boy I couldn’t. And I wondered where he had picked up his vocabulary because it was apparent that he didn’t read very much, from the fact that he didn’t seem to know whom I was talking about when I vocally contemplated calling him Jeeves. [You know the tea and everything]. It suddenly came to me. He had to have done one of those exams where you have to study long word lists to go off to the u s of a. and he had. Gone off to study that is [and not photography]. So this is the end and I’d like a round of applause for my brilliant deduction and good luck to the boy. I admire him for being daring enough to choose his own life and succeeding in his profession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pg woodehouse, wooster and all that you ass so so much for your brilliant deduction Sherlock. :-)