Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I started out today all proud of myself. Yes, proud of myself, for figuring out how to attach the printer to the small computer. Of course there really isn’t very much to figure out. One plug here, another there. Clap, clap everyone. I deserve it. It isn’t that I did something marvelous, but whenever there’s something to be done, there are always at least three people in line ahead of me to do it. Like the other day for example, I decided that it was time to do something with that Goa lampshade that had been lying in my cupboard for over a year. Not really having any place to put it, I decided to put it up over the bulb above the tiny balcony outside our [my ex] room. My father suggested that I have a boy [i.e. Richard] do it. But no, Miss I have to learn to do things on my own, what will I do if there are no boys around, insisted on doing it by myself. So, there I was, precariously balancing between the window ledge and the balcony railing, trying my darnedest to get a hook-screw sort of thing into the wood base of the bulb. To my disadvantage I had height and I imagine a shortage of strength to hammer the thing in. And although I tried, I sadly found myself lacking in the skills required to do it. So I did the next best thing. ‘Richard!’ yup, I called in back up. Lovely boy [he he lovely] that he is, he got the screw in and left me to hang my shade up in peace. Which I did and I also said a little prayer asking god not to let the heat from the bulb burn the lampshade. So now every time you switch on the balcony light there’s this pink glow that fortunately doesn’t go much past the railing.
Oh and as for the printer, after all the self applauding and patting my self on the back, I found out very quickly that it was out of ink. The universe is against me I tell you, against me.

3 comments:

Laura Castelino said...

maybe you're headed in the wrong direction?

Laura Castelino said...

ps- great job with the printer :D clap! clap! clap!

Citrus said...

why thank you :) [should i throw in a gracious bow?] and maybe.