Tuesday, January 11, 2005

passport office - attempt no.3

so i woke up bright and early this morning [mostly because everyone forced me to go to sleep early last night]. made my way out to the passport office.. [the sunlight didn't hurt my eyes as much as it did yesterday] .. not that big a crowd today only about thirty people in line ahead of me... and that was just to get in... on a comparitive basis however i didn't wait too long. while waiting, this older couple comes up to stand behind me. no biggie. then we reach that part of the line where we lucky thingies get to sit for a bit. there's one empty chair left [which was mine] and i can hear the man hurriedly going 'kuthko' ' kuthko' to the woman *roll eyes upwards* i would have let her sit anyway, she's older *shrug*... the woman was a little better, she looked at me in askance at least. so she sat :) i sat :) and the man in front of me stood :).. he was a nice man too. old, muslim, he didn't smell and he helped me fix a chair that was broken [which i could very well have done on my own] so that i could sit. so i finally get in, and get into this never ending queue again. this time i was no.75... so i waited for about three hours. submitted my form and voila! my work is nearly done. the only thing left to do is collect my newly stamped 'emmigration check not required' passport in the evening .. see told ya i'd get it done in the end



*i was just reading this post over, reached about half way through[am not going to read anymore].. but i noticed that i pay absolutely no heed to grammar rules and tenses :)...i am aware of this, but i'm not going to change it..what to do with me?? :)]

1 comment:

Georgio said...

So where are u going then?